Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's Official!!

Well it is official...Brice is a kindergartner!!Today went better than I had planned. Brantley and I had this awesome plan that we were going to get up early and make sure we were dressed before the boys got up...of course that did not work as planned. I rolled over and noticed that we had overslept and jumped out of bed to get ready. Normally Brice and Hayes are up as well but I had to wake both of them up this morning. That is just my luck. I really wanted things to go smoothly at home, you know, no hurries just taking our time and getting off to the right foot.. I ended up running around with my head cut off. Needless to say we did make it on time and I was able to get a few shots of him and Mrs. G. She is wonderful and I already know that God had a perfect plan for putting Brice with her. She has boys of her own so she loves her "boys" in her class just like they are her own. Brantley and I walked him in and she gave him a big bear hug and I knew he was going to be fine. He didnt even look back. In a way I wanted him to just to still feel "needed" but I really wanted him to like it as well. I picked him up and he said he liked it and had a good day!! Whew!! The hard part was over...or is it just beginning?? I am sure not ready for site words!! I am so grateful that God's plan is always the best plan even when we dont always think that at first!! Enjoy the pics of out "first day"!!


Dad hurry up already!!

Brice and Mrs. G--isnt she cute!!

Hayes outstide Brice classroom-ready to tell bubba bye!

2 comments:

kristen said...

I knew he would love her! Such cute pictures! Glad everything is going well!

annieck said...

He is SO precious!
I can only imagine how tough it must have been to take your oldest baby to school for the first time. A mixed blessing, I'm sure. :)
Thanks for sharing your day and adorable pictures!!! :):)
AND thanks for your encouraging words on my blog. You are a blessing!