Tuesday, July 15, 2008

All Summer Long

As I write today I am listening to one of my favorite summer songs "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock. We have been to the lake a lot this summer since Hayes finally likes his life jacket. And Brice LOVES this song. Sunday, he and I went for a ride and this song came on the radio and he said "turn it loud mama" and then he proceeded to roll the window down. I turned the song up loud and rolled my window down as well. I looked back at him and he is just a singing along (I know bad mom right??). I laughed thinking he had it made...no worries...just singing as loud as you could. He is growing so fast. He is so much like me when it comes to summer. It doesnt matter if it is 100 degrees or not he and I will have the windows down and jamming away. We can only get away with that when it is he and I. Everyone else is "too hot".
This has also become our new favorite song for the boat...so "Sweet Home Alabama" moves to 2nd place. We have big speakers on our boat and Brice loves to turn it real loud!! We still love Sweet Home Alabama too and if any of you have been to Lake Eufaula then you know that this is the fav there as well. Brice loves it when someone asks him to turn it louder. I hope that he doesnt need hearing aids in high school. :) I am posting some pics from the lake and tubing. We bought a 3 seater this year and Hayes loves sitting by himself. Hope you are enjoying your summer. Arent you glad to live in the south??





5 comments:

kristen said...

Cute pictures! We went to Crystal Lake with our neighbors a few weeks ago and Steve and I rode a two-seater tube. I didn't know they made such...and now you have a 3 seater! Things have certainly changed since I was little at the lake. It was so much fun and so much more comfortable to ride. Y'all seem to be having a great summer!

LeAnne said...

hey amber...man, it has been a long time. when i got the email that amber brockett added me as a friend on FACEBOOK...who? so, i saw your picture...OHHHHH, amber. anyway, it is great to see your family. your boys are SOOOO adorable. you are gonna love this bloggin' thing. it definitely takes the guilt out of NOT scrapbookin'!! who the heck has the time!! i'm adding you to my bloglist so that i can follow your family (if you don't mind).

LeAnne said...

Okay, i should've signed that comment. It's LeAnne (Duke) Howard!! SMILE!!

annieck said...

TOO cute! Your kiddos are precious. :) We LOVE the lake too. Tristan can't go enough. He would live there if we let him! Thankfully, Channing's parents have a place there. That keeps him happy (until it's time to go). :)

Emily said...

how fun!! and you i KNOW you are a fun mom. i think its awesome. the lake sounds great! we hope to have a boat...someday! :)