Thursday, July 24, 2008

Big Day at the Library

Today I took Brice to the library for the first time. I know that sounds awful that I have waited this long but I have your "typical" boy who cares nothing about anything in the world besides playing outside. We eat every meal out there and he would literally never come inside if I would let him. I have been trying to gear him up for kindergarten and get him excited about learning to read!! It doesnt seem to be working though. Who has time for that?? He was pretty pumped about gettiing his own library card and I let him pick out 3 books to bring home for us to read. I still can't believe that he is going to be in Kindergarten. So, I am posting some cute pics of our first libary trip....

As you can tell he is very excited about taking a pic outside in the sun!!

Mama is so proud!



4 comments:

LeAnne said...

little boys just never seem to have time to "be bothered" with things that involve being still and quiet, right?

kristen said...

I have got to take AC! I have been meaning to take her all summer and we just haven't done it!

Anonymous said...

what a BIG boy! i am terrified to see the day that my children make the big entry into kindergarten. as a first grade teacher (HA!) my only advice is just to try to instill a genuine love for reading in him, whcih is exactly what it sounds like you are doing! i have found that girls are almost always more interested in reading than boys are. once he discovers that he can "read" and what its all about he'll enjoy it a lot more.

Emily said...

i've never taken elizabeth to the library, either..and it's only 3 minutes from our house! i've really got to do that.. another thing on the list, i guess!